|“||You're not a bad girlfriend. I'm a bad boyfriend for not telling you that I was leaving.||”|
— Spain to Babushka in Going, Going, Gone...?
|Intimacy Level|| Exes|
Babushka moved to Rosey with Spain to start a new life.
They got back together in Rosey but broke-up.
|Friendship Status|| Broken up|
This has nothing to do with Jausheen, even though some fans might think so.
The Road...Here We Come
- Babushka and Spain get paired up to do the CPR project.
- Babushka describes Spain as a "rude, self-centred and annoying" guy.
- Babushka is unsure when Madison asks her is Spain is cute.
- When Spain first comes into the hotel room, Babushka's mouth drop wide open with shock.
- Babushka looked shocked when Spain told her that he is Simon's younger brother.
- It is known that Spain talks about Babushka at home, and Spain calls her cool.
- They are sitting next to eachother in class.
- Spain loved hanging around the hotel room, and when he heard that Babushka was going on the road trip, he immedietly wanted to come along.
- Babushka lets Spain come on the road trip and she agrees that Spain was her boyfriend for a second.
- They were sitting next to eachother during the whole trip.
- When Babushka was singing, Spain looked at her in amazement.
- They are looking at eachother flirtatiously during Mamuel's "Funtastic" duet.
- During "Funtastic", Babushka asks Spain if she could lean on his shoulder, and he lets her.
Bye, Bye Madison
- Babushka offers to answer the door to Spain.
- Babushka immedietly takes Spain upstairs and into her room.
- Samuel overhears them talking about hiding their relationship.
- Babushka asures Samuel that her and Spain were not a couple.
- When the two of them come down the stairs, everyone looks at the suspicious. Babushka accidently grabs Spain's hand and tells everyone that they weren't a couple. Realising the mistake, Babushka quickly lets go of his hand.
- Babushka ends up day dreaming about Spain, including all the moments they had and a fantasy hug.
The Broken Episode
- Spain walked over and sat next to Babushka when everyone was telling the audience their story.
- Babushka says to him: "Spain, you're not meant to be in this part of the story. You were only introduced 2 episodes and a movie ago."
- Spain appologises and leaves.
Just For Charity
- Spain called Babushka over when he was helping Madison out with the sausage stand.
- Spain asks her if she wanted to go to the bathroom with her.
- Spain says that Babushka "makes the bathroom more entertaining". Babushka then went to the bathroom with him.
- Before Madison came home soaking wet, Spain and Babushka were talking to each other on the couch.
- They look at each other in a confused way when they were confused about what Madison was doing.
- Babushka (in Madison's body) chants "I have a boyfriend" during the dodgeball game.
Mamuel Lies & Matricia Dies
- Babushka took Spain with her to the movies.
- Madison claimed that Babushka was "showing off" since she had a good date to be with.
- They were holding hands when they entered the cinema.
- Spain says that he'd wait for Babushka out in the lobby.
- They reunite again and look happy together.
- When Spain appeared in the hallway, he walked over to Babushka straight away.
- Spain looks jealous when Babushka says that Samuel is in love with her.
- When Samuel was attacking Babushka in hugs, Babushka says "I have a boyfriend" to make Samuel stop.
- Spain talks to Samuel and warns him not to like Babushka.
- Spain also says he wouldn't blame Samuel for liking her.
- Babushka agrees to bring Madison to the resturant and Spain agrees to bring Samuel.
- They both stand next to eachother and examines Madison and Samuel's "date".
- Spain tells Babushka to kiss him already.
Kiss Me On A Cruise
- After the webcast, Spain surprises Babushka and hugs her.
- Spain hands Babushka an invitation to take a free ride on his father's cruise ship.
- The two of them head into the ship (followed by Madison and Samuel) and sit next to each other.
- Spain offers to get Babushka some fruit water, and she lets him do so.
- Whilst Spain was gone, a guy who Babushka mistakened as Spain, comes upto her and kisses her. Spain sees this and kicks Babushka (and Madison and Samuel) off the boat.
- Babushka tries to appoligise to Spain at school but he doesn't listen to her.
- Babushka goes to Spain's house to appologise, but he still doesn't forgive her.
- Babushka gives up and starts heading out the door. Spain stops her and kisses her.
- After their first kiss, they got back together.
The Boy Who Cried Girlfriend
- Spain and Babushka come down the hall holding hands and talking.
- Spain says that he and Babushka are just as close as a couple who have been married for 20 years.
- Spain tells Babushka that it is time that she met his family. Babushka reluctantly agrees to this.
- Spain confusingly walks the wrong way after speaking to Babushka. Babushka corrects him.
- Babushka dresses up nicely to visit Spain's house.
- Spain bolts down the stairs when Babushka arrives.
- When using the bathroom, Babushka overhears Spain talking to his parents about Babushka.
- Spain says that Babushka is the best thing that has ever happened to him and he's lucky he found someone great that young.
- Spain's parents force Spain to say that Babushka meant nothing to him. Babushka hears this and turns against him.
- Spain asks Madison if she's seen Babushka anywhere. He looks excited when he finally finds her.
- Spain runs up and tackles Babushka to the ground to stop her from leaving. They land on top of each other.
- Babushka becomes angry and couldn't be bothered to listen to him.
- Determined to win Babushka back, Madison and Samuel help Spain put on a show.
- Madison and Samuel push them into a kiss at the end of the performance.
Rated B For Bad
- At the party, they are both hanging out together.
- Spain looks concerned when the plate is thrown at Babushka.
- When Babushka leaves without saying goodbye, Spain looks heartbroken.
- Spain comes over to Babushka's hotel room to ask her what happened, but instead he saw her bad, rude and naked. He also claims that he's "seen to much too soon".
- When Babushka turns up to school the next day dressed in black leather and died hair, Spain looks shocked.
- Spain dumps Babushka after realizing that Babushka has changed.
- When Babushka finally gets her old self back, she is disappointed when Madison tells her that Spain dumped her.
Bring It On
- Babushka was willing to go to school an hour early to attend Spain's extension History class, so that she could find the right way to apologize to him about what happened in the previous episode (Rated B for Bad).
- Spain looked surprised when he saw that Babushka was at the door.
- The history teacher told Babushka to sit next to Spain since there were no other seats available.
- Spain asked Babushka what she was doing in the classroom.
- Babushka explained to him that she wanted to apologize to him. Spain was about to tell her something back before the teacher interrupted them.
- Babushka was concerned when Lisa Simpson sat on Spain, and repetitively told her to get off him.
- Babushka finally got fed up and told the weird guests in the classroom (which included the Cookie Monster, The Wiggles, Lisa Simpson and Little Cook Small) to get out because she wanted the say to be special.
- Spain told Babushka that what she did was the type of behaviour that he missed.
- Spain kissed Babushka.
- Spain encourages Babushka (along with Madison and Samuel) to buy "bull shirts".
- Babushka continuously tells him that no one wants to buy his product.
- Spain and Babushka seem the most interested in finding out what "it" is.
Six and the City
- Spain comes over to the gang's hotel room because he was bored.
- When Babushka tells him to come in, she asks him, "What are you doing here?"
- He agrees to go to the city with the other five (Babushka included).
- The six of them were walking in pairs through Chicago, and Babushka and Spain were paired together. They are also holding hands and flirting with each other.
- They stood next to each other in the selfie. Spain's arm is also around Babushka's shoulder.
- Spain was concerned when Babushka fell down the huge flight of stairs. He also comments on how she has "bones of steel".
- When Spain (and the others) fell through the tunnel, after they landed, Babushka went up to him straight away and hugged him.
- Spain is shown wiping the dirt and dust off of Babushka's cheek in the background, which Babushka enjoys.
- Babushka was ready to be held up by Spain while trying to find a way out of the tunnel before the "human tower" collapsed.
- Spain was staring at Babushka during the "Five Weddings and a Wedding" montage.
- They hugged each other when the mysteriously tall man pulled them up and out of the tunnel back onto the street.
- Babushka continuously asks Madison and Samuel if Spain could come over.
- Spain calls Samuel to ask about Babushka after he found out that she was in the hospital and he was concerned on the phone.
Soaping Wet Hands
- Babushka uses her one phone call at the police station to call Spain to say she loves him.
Madison, Samuel, Babushka, Matthew, Million Bucks Bill, Patricia, Spain and Phil of the Future:
- Spain came to Madison for advice about his and Babushka's fallen relationship.
- There is a flashback to 2025 where Spain and Babushka were in college, spending time together.
- Spain was jealous when Babushka dumped him over Ryan.
- Spain finds out that Ryan is secretly a cheater who has several girlfriends at one time. He also tells Madison this because he didn't want Babushka to be hurt.
- Spain revealed to Madison that when him and Babushka were still together, he bought Babushka an engagement ring but he wanted to wait until the right moment to propose to her.
- Spain watched Ryan propose to Babushka at the resturant.
- Spain sits across from Babushka and talks to her. Babushka also decides to ignore him, leaving Spain heartbroken.
- Finally, Babushka catches Ryan getting another girl's phone number and she dumps him. Spain comforts her.
- Spain proposed to Babushka and she said yes. They also hug after the proposal.
- Babushka tells Madison about her engagement.
- Spain and Babushka party together at the "Party Like It's 2029" scene at the end of the episode.
Going, Going, Gone...?
- Babushka mentions that it has been almost a year since her and Spain got together. This marks a year after The Road...Here We Come.
- Spain refuses to go to Rosey because he wanted to be with Babushka.
- Spain tells Madison about him leaving to avoid upsetting Babushka.
- Spain sends Babushka flowers, addressed to his "other half".
- Spain gives Babushka chocolate, balloons and teddy bears. He also acts clingy towards Babushka.
- Spain offers to help Babushka with her math homework.
- Madison finally tells Babushka that Spain was moving, and Babushka turns depressed.
- Spain overhears Babushka and Madison's conversation and offers to talk with Babushka outside.
- They reminisce about all their best and worst memories.
- After they tell each other that they won't forget each other, they break up after having no contact.
- Babushka cries into Madison's shoulder and says that he's gone.
- In the elevator, Spain's mother tries to convince him that there will be plenty of girls in Rosey. Spain says that he doesn't want anyone except Babushka.
The New Addition
- Babushka was lying depressed on the couch, even after Spain left about a week ago.
- Matthew says that Babushka will find someone else in a few years, but Babushka says that she doesn't want anyone else.
- Spain's mother tells him the same thing, and his response was the same as Babushka's.
- After hearing that his father earned 34 million dollars for selling his cruise line to a Rosey company, Spain wants to fly back to Chicago and live there with Babushka. His parents reluctantly agree to letting him go by himself.
- Spain was excited and bought a bunch of balloons and teddy bears for Babushka.
- At first, when Babushka hopped in the elevator with Spain, they didn't know that they were riding with each other since Spain's face was covered in merchandise.
- They hug tightly when they finally notice each other. Babushka bursts into tears of happiness.
Spain: (smiles) Happy anniversary...belated.
Babushka: (smiles back) Happy anniversary.
- When Babushka was convincing Matthew for Spain to live with them, she says that he should stay because she loves him.
- After Babushka convinced him, Matthew agrees to let Spain live with the rest of them; and Spain and Babushka are excited about the idea.
- Spain wanted to sleep in Babushka's bed with her, but Babushka told him to sleep on a deflated raft.
- Spain complains about Babushka's annoying behaviour and how she should appreciate people more. This leads to a long argument between the two of them.
- Finally, Spain dumps Babushka, as revealed in this quote:
Babushka: Why the heck do you make it seem like sleeping on a stupid raft is a huge deal?!
Spain: It's a huge deal to me! You out of all people wouldn't understand that!
- Babushka turns to Madison and says that she just got him back.
As I Lay Crying
- Babushka disapproved of Spain being on the webcast, and looked at him disgustingly while he was doing his skit.
- Spain asks Babushka how she was doing, however she goes over to see who was at the door to avoid their conversation.
- Babushka begins falling for Gerry as soon as she sees him, and Spain appears jealous.
- Spain questions if Gerry was just a rebound for Babushka.
- Spain was observing Babushka and Gerry from the other side of the classroom, and is openly jealous about the two of them bonding.
- Spain goes over to Babushka and Gerry and tells Gerry that Babushka was the worst girlfriend ever.
- Babushka reluctantly tells Gerry about Spain.
- Spain openly admitted that he was bored to Madison and Samuel, however when Babushka enters the hotel room, he is not bored anymore.
- Spain was concerned when Babushka came home upset, and follows her into her bedroom.
- Spain notices Babushka by her window, and asks her if she was okay.
- Babushka tells Spain that she'll never be good at dating or relationships. Spain denies this, however Babushka tells him that it's ironic that he is saying that since he was the one who dumped her.
- Spain kisses Babushka.
- Spain comments on the kiss being "good" and tells her that he wants to take her back.
- Babushka tells Spain that she prefers not to be in a relationship, and she'd rather wait at-least 5 years.
- Spain tells Babushka that he'll wait for her whenever she is ready to date again.
- Both of them enter the hospital room together.
- When Patricia tells everyone that everything was perfect in the present moment, Spain and Babushka reluctantly look at each other.
We Are Family
- Spain approaches Babushka while she was attempting to open her locker.
- Spain was curious about Babushka's actions.
- Babushka explains it to him, however Spain tells Babushka that she is breaking into the wrong locker.
- Babushka dobs in Spain and tells Miss Martinez that Spain was the one who vandalized the locker.
- Babushka and Spain laugh and talk with Madison and Samuel and are sitting across from each other.
- Spain tells Babushka that his mother wanted him to move back to Rosey, and Babushka seems unsettled by this.
- Spain tells Babushka that he still suspects something going on with Madison and Samuel.
- Spain and Babushka sit next to each other at Samuel's graduation ceremony.
- Spain asks Babushka if she'd like to move with him to Rosey to start a new life, so that they can still remain "friends".
- Babushka agrees to live with him.
- Spain attempts to join the group hug by clinging onto Babushka.
- The two of them ride next to each other on the plane.
- Spain notices that Babushka is upset about leaving America, and he asks her if she's okay.
- Babushka tells Spain that she's okay and smiles at him.
Relationship #1 (3.21 - 4.10)
- Start Up: The Road...Here We Come
- Break Up: Kiss Me On A Cruise
Reason for Break Up: Babushka accidently kisses the wrong guy and Spain sees her.
Relationship #2 (4.10 - 4.11)
- Start Up: Kiss Me On A Cruise
- Break Up: The Boy Who Cried Girlfriend
Reason for Break Up: Babushka overhears Spain saying that she is a bad girlfriend.
Relationship #3 (4.11 - 4.12)
- Start Up: The Boy Who Cried Girlfriend
- Break Up: Rated B For Bad
Reason for Break Up: Babushka's personality turns awful, which Spain can't handle.
Relationship #4 (4.13 - 4.20)
- Start Up: Bring It On
- Break Up: Going, Going, Gone...?
Reason for Break Up: Spain's father gets a promotion which sends his whole family to Rosey. With no contact with each other, Spain and Babushka have no choice but to break up.
Relationship #5 (4.21)
- Start Up: The New Addition
- Break Up: The New Addition
Reason for Break Up: After Spain goes back to America to be with Babushka, they reunite happily. Unfortunately, an arguement about Spain's bedroom arrangements cause Spain to break up with Babushka.
Relationship #6 (000)
- Start Up: Sometime after We Are Family.
- Break Up: Sometime before the Now, That Is What I Call Babysitting! episode Home Sick to My Stomach.
Reason for Break Up: Unknown.
Other hints in between:
- Spain kissed Babushka in As I Lay Crying for sympathy.
- Spabushka Episode: The Road...Here We Come. Spain appears for the first time, and the two of them interact romantically for the first time.
- Spabushka Colour: Red. Red is known as the colour for "love and romance", and Spain is sometimes wearing red whenever he's around Babushka.
- Spabushka Songs:
- Daydreamin' (Ariana Grande). The lyrics exactly match them. Babushka even day-dreamed about Spain in "Bye, Bye Madison".
- A Thousand Years Pt. 2 (Christina Perri and Steve Kazee). The duet itself has rich and meaningful lyrics and it's relevant to Babushka and Spain.
- Just Wanna Be With You (Peyton List, Kyle Massey, Nausheen Ali and Jake Goodman). Spain wrote this song for Babushka to win her back and prove to his parents that he can make his own decisions.
- Spabushka Food: Sausage. They were standing near a sausage stand when Spain asked Babushka to come to the bathroom with her. Also, there is also another not-so-appropriate reason why the food is a sausage. Spain asked Babushka to come to the bathroom with him because she made the bathroom more exciting. Why would Spain make her come to the toilet with him? Only mature people can figure out this innuendo.
Episodes with a Spabushka Plot/Sub-plot
The Road...Here We Come: The sub-plot involves Spain and Babushka getting paired up for the project and developing on their romantic relationship.
Bye, Bye, Madison: The sub-plot involves Spain and Babushka trying to hide their relationship from the others. Unfortunately, it doesn't turn out well.
Kiss Me On A Cruise: Spain invites Babushka, Madison and Samuel on his father's cruise ship. Half confused, Spain witnesses Babushka kiss the wrong guy instead of him leaving Spain upset. He literally kicks Babushka and her friends off the boat. Babushka decides to turn up to Spain's house to appologize, and before she was about to give up and head out the door, Spain kisses her.
The Boy Who Cried Girlfriend: Babushka meets Spain's parents officially, despite knowing that Spain's parents can't stand her. Babushka uses the bathroom while noticing a security camera sitting on the edge of the dining table. She watches the screen while Spain was forced to say that Babushka meant nothing to her, making Babushka leave. After all his failed attempts to appologize, he asks Madison and Samuel to help him put on a performance of "I Just Wanna Be With You". After Spain kisses Babushka infront of his parents, he agrees to not let them choose his love interests.
Rated B For Bad: At Veronica's party, a fellow friend of Veronica's accidently hits Babushka with a sacred plate (a plate rumoured to have magical powers), turning Babushka into a nightmare. Spain tries to put up with her bad behavior but he couldn't in the end, and dumps her. After Madison and Samuel manage to get Babushka to her old self, they tell her about Spain, leaving Babushka disappointed.
Bring It On: Babushka goes to appologize to Spain for treating him terribly (from the last episode) but a bunch of special guests distract her. After forcing them out, which Spain finds amusing, he takes her back.
Madison, Samuel, Babushka, Matthew, Million Bucks Bill, Patricia, Spain and Phil of the Future: As the show is transported 15 years into the future, Spain tells Madison that his and Babushka's relationship fell apart 4 years ago whilst him and Babushka were in college. Spain tells Madison that he's still in love with Babushka despite their fall-out, so Madison enlists her husband; Samuel; for advice.
Going, Going, Gone...?: Spain finds it difficult to tell Babushka that his father got a promotion and is living in Rosey for the next couple of years. Spain originally tells Madison first, but Madison eventually tells Babushka. Spain and Babushka have a hard time saying goodbye to each other, and reluctantly break up due to no contact with each other. They also reminisce about the times they had together. After finally saying goodbye, Babushka cries into Madison's arms whilst Spain is angry at his mother about leaving.
The New Addition: Spain decides to ditch his family and live in America with Babushka. When back in Chicago, they accidently have an encounter in the elevator, both being either too excited or too betrayed to notice each other. After talking about the exes, they finally notice that they're talking to each other and they're happy. Back at the hotel room, Babushka makes plans for Spain to stay with them pernamently. They then have a disagreement with the sleeping situation and Spain dumps Babushka officially. Spain still lives in 41B after the break up.
We Are Family: After hearing that Samuel was going to college early and Madison was moving to Los Angeles for a record deal, Spain decides to take Babushka with him to live in Rosey with his family. By the end of the series, Babushka is on the plane with Spain heading to Rosey to start a new life. Although Babushka moves with him, it is unknown if they get back together or not.